Coverup in Crimea?
by Stephen Lendman (stephenlendman.org – Home – Stephen Lendman)
Moscow and Crimean authorities are suspiciously calling Wednesday’s Kerch Polytechnic College mass shootings, responsible for scores of casualties, a lone gunman incident.
Twenty deaths and around 50 injuries were reported. How can one gunman be responsible for this number of mass casualties, likely needing time to reload several times?
If only one gunman was involved, why did no one try to stop him?
According to eyewitnesses, multiple masked gunmen were involved in what happened, a lone student blamed, reportedly taking his own life in its aftermath.
Russian authorities initially called the incident a terrorist attack, later changing it to multiple homicides.
If multiple gunmen were, in fact, involved, why are Moscow and Crimean authorities claiming otherwise? Why conceal what appeared to be a terrorist attack?
According to Fort Russ News (FRN), the alleged lone gunman, identified as Vladislav Roslyakov, claims to be alive, denying his involvement in the incident, saying he was wrongfully accused.
“Russian media and officialdom are presently engaged in what appears to be a ‘cover-up’ of the (Wednesday) events at Kerch College in Crimea,” said FRN, adding:
“(L)ive reportage on Russian RT at the time of publication still reflects most of the inconsistencies which FRN previously reported on, which points to multiple professional gunmen, not speaking Russian, wearing ski masks.”
Why the coverup if FRN’s assessment is accurate? My previous day article cited Kerch Polytechnic College’s director saying multiple gunmen shot students and teachers, dead and wounded bodies strewn throughout the area attacked.
Eyewitnesses cited by FRN claimed multiple masked gunmen were involved, contradicting official reports otherwise.
It’s too early to lay blame for the incident where it should belong. Was Kiev responsible in cahoots with Washington?
In August 2016, Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB) foiled what it called “terrorist attacks in Crimea (initiated) by the Ukrainian Defense Ministry’s main intelligence directorate.”
An FSB statement said the plot “target(ed) critically important infrastructure…to destabilize the socio-political situation in the region as preparations for (parliamentary) elections of federal and regional authorities are underway” – scheduled nationwide on September 18, including in the Republic of Crimea and federal city of Sevastopol.
On August 7, Ukrainian saboteurs were spotted and interdicted, their plot foiled, an FSB officer killed during the incident.
Improvised explosive devices, the equivalent of over 40 kg of TNT, along with fuses, antipersonnel and magnetic bombs, grenades and Ukrainian weapons were seized.
“(A)n intelligence network of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry’s main intelligence directorate has been eliminated thanks to measures taken on the Crimean Peninsula,” Russia’s FSB said.
Commenting on the plot, Putin said Kiev attempted terrorism instead of trying to resolve conflict conditions in Donbass diplomatically, along with settling differences with Crimea.
The regime is “playing a dangerous game,” Putin explained, calling what happened “stupid and criminal,” adding it’s “pointless” to meet with its authorities to resolve anything.
Kiev would never attack Russian territory without US approval, encouragement and likely involvement.
Was Wednesday’s Kerch incident a Trump regime-approved Kiev operation? It’s premature to draw conclusions but suspicions are surely warranted.
VISIT MY NEW WEB SITE: stephenlendman.org (Home – Stephen Lendman). Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My newest book as editor and contributor is titled “Flashpoint in Ukraine: How the US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III.”