By Hepalta – visit http://hepalta.com
Radon daughters – The radioactive decay products of naturally occuring radon gas that can become attached to airborne dust particles.
Current research data on the effects of inhaled airborne particles from our environment provides more and more evidence of health problems directly related to dirty air. Studies show asthma and respiratory problems are irritated by high air particulate levels. Many cancers are found related to radon daughters and second hand cigarette smoke. Illness and allergies can be directly linked to volatile organic compounds (VOC) as well as airborne viruses, bacteria and spores.
Despite many programs directed at battling air pollution the most overlooked area is the removal of particles 10 microns or less in diameter. (A human hair is approximately 75 microns in diameter). Over 90% of air contaminants fall into this range.
Indoor air environments can present the greatest potential health risks as pollutant concentrations can be 8 to 10 times more toxic than outdoor air and we generally spend up to 90 % of our time indoors.
How Amaircare Works
Maximum air cleaning efficiency relies on two basic principles:
- The capability of the filter media
- The rate of exchange
HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air)
High Efficiency Particulate Air filtration was developed by the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission to filter particles down to 0.3 microns in size with a minimum of 99.97% removal efficiency. the Amaircare line of products outperforms electrostatic and other air filtration systems by employing 100 square feet of HEPA filter, blocking out dust particles, pollen, bacteria, mold spores, attached viruses, animal dander, radon daughters and more.
In the three stage process, the HEPA filter is further assisted by a pre-filter and a VOC canister of activated carbon and other custom blended materials which remove odors and toxic fumes form the air flow.
Contrary to general expectations, the efficiency of the Amaircare three stage system of particulate removal increased with use. Entrapped particles provide further mesh for new arrivals. HEPA filter life expectancy runs from 2 to 5 years varying on use. The activated carbon pre-filters are easily removed for cleaning or replacement as are the VOC canisters.
The effectiveness of an air cleaning filtration system depends on air being passed quickly and frequently throughout he filter media. With an adjustable control option, the air filtration systems provide an air flow rate of 50 to 300 cubic feet per minute (tested), which means an exchange frequency of up to 12 times per hour in an average 10 foot by 20 foot room.
Following is a statistical graph relating experimental data showing the removal of particulate by a Amaircare filtration system in a monitored laboratory setting.
The tests are done by a new high technology unit in Germany and the results directly show the efficiency at which the Amaircare unit removes particles containing hazardous radon daughters which could potentially decompose in the human lung.
To maximize the efficiency of the HEPA filtration system, the air flow pattern is designed so that outgoing air is vented downward to stir up settled particles, forcing them in an upward circulating motion to be drawn back into the intake areas and through the filter media for removal. The unit sets up a circulating pattern of air continuously going through the filter scrubing the pollution out.
No Undesirable By-products
Electrostatic air cleaning may remove small airborne particulate, however, this process could result in the release of ozone as a potentially dangerous by-product. By utilizing the Amaircare air flow HEPA filter process, nothing is produced but clean air!
In addition to being highly effective at floor level, the Amaircare filtration units also perform well when wall or ceiling mounted.
The clean, simple hexagonal design of the Amaircare line of air filtration products was created with maximum visual appeal in mind. The design also provides ready mobility and they are extremely durable being made of all-metal construction with a baked enamel black or white finish.
Amaircare air filtration systems provide low-cost, high efficiency service in a wide range of applications:
- Home and Home and Industrial
Is the air in your home making you sick? asthma and allergies? headaches and dizziness? eye and throat irritations? fatigue? impaired vision? colds, flu, pneumonia? nose bleeds? respiratory problems? sinus congestion?
Air pollution can aggravate respiratory conditions, cause bodily irritations, sickness and even disease.
The air inside the typical home is up to 5 times more polluted than the air outside. That’s because the home is an enclosed environment full of potential sources of air pollution.
There are three main types of air pollution:
- Particulates (air pollutants that have mass) like dust, dander, pollen, and cigarette smoke
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) which are gases from chemicals that are released into the air by various household materials and liquids
- Bio-burden: is the amount of biological material in the air, living or dead. Dead material can cause allergic reactions, living material can cause allergic reactions, and some can cause disease.
Listed are sources of air pollutants in the home:
- Carpets – may emit VOC’s, trap dust, home for microbial organisms
- Cigarette smoke – contains 40 known carcinogens
- Dry cleaned clothing – may emit chemical used in the dry-cleaning process
- Furniture – pressed wood may emit formaldehyde
- Household dust – most dust is to small to see
- Mattresses and pillows – homes for dust mites, trap dust
- Pets – shed dander, carry bacteria, odors
- Stuffed toys – trap dust, may emit VOCs
- Air ducts – can contain molds
- Wall paper – mold and mildew can form between paper and walls
- Air freshners – may emit VOCs
- Household cleaners – may emit VOCs
- Personal care products – may emit VOCs
- Toilets – source of odors and mold
- Showers and tubs – mold and mildew
- Cabinets – pressed wood may emit formaldehyde
- Plants – source of pollen and dust, home for microbial organisms
- Upholstery and drapes – trap dust and odors
- Wood stoves and fireplaces – product fly ash and smoke
- Radon daughters – The radioactive decay products of naturally occuring radon gas that can become attached to airborne dust particles.
To learn more about air filtration products or order HEPA filters and air filtration systems, visit Hepalta